Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor: System Software Developers Guide
In this guide, application programming refers to developing user applications or codes using either the Intel® Composer XE 2013 or third-party software development tools. These tools typically contain a development environment that includes compilers, libraries, and assorted other tools.
Applica...tion programming will not be covered here; consult the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor Developer's Quick Start Guide for information on how to quickly write application code and run applications on a development platform, including the Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture). It also describes the available tools and gives some simple examples to show how to get C/C++ and Fortran-based programs up and running.
The information in this guide is organized as follows:
• Section 2 contains a high-level description of the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor hardware and software architecture.
• Section 3 covers power management from the software perspective. It also covers virtualization support in the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor and some reliability, accessibility, and serviceability (RAS) features such as BLCR* and MCA.
• Section 4 covers operating system support.
• Section 5 covers the low level APIs (e.g. SCIF) available with the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor software stack.
• Section 6 illustrates the usage models and the various operating modes for platforms with the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors in the compute continuum.
Read the full Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor System Software Developers Guide.