Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family gives the media leader an immediate 20 percent performance hike.
As a leader in multi-platform managed broadcast solutions, iStreamPlanet* helps companies turn digital content into sustainable revenue streams. Working with cloud innovator Switch Communications, iStreamPlanet deploys a robust infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud that uses Intel technologies as the foundation of its server, network, and storage solutions. iStreamPlanet executives say the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family will help them give their customers a strategic advantage and deliver more compelling media experiences to more consumers at lower cost.
• Performance. iStreamPlanet needs balanced high performance from its processor, network, and storage technologies to acquire, encode, and publish broadcast-quality video, live and on demand.
• Scale. High-impact events and live linear online broadcasts require complex encoding and publishing of multi-format, multi-device video streams to a growing, connected audience.
• Agility. Agile infrastructure helps iStreamPlanet cope with exponential growth and the rapidly evolving digital media ecosystem.
• Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family. iStreamPlanet deploys VCE Vblock* 2 platforms with the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family in Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)* platforms and EMC Symmetrix VMAX* storage systems.
• Intel® Ethernet 10 Gigabit Server Adapters. Unified networks based on Intell® server adapters maximize throughput as iStreamPlanet moves terabytes of data.
• Intel® Solid State Drives (Intel® SSDs). iStreamPlanet speeds I/O by using Intel SSDs as hot cache for the most throughput-sensitive servers.
Read the full iStreamPlanet Delivers with Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family case study.